[unix-pc.general] Clock Chips

gtb@PacBell.COM (Gary T. Butler) (07/14/90)

I am looking for a supplier of the clock chip that is used in the 6300+.
This chip may me a proprietary chip made for AT&T only but the number is:

	MM58274N
	+8532 is on the top of the chip

I have been told a replacement chip is 47174C made by National Semiconductor.

No one has been able to give me a clear answer. So if anyone knows where
to get this chip or a replacement chip and supplier I would be very
gratefull.

Thank you for all your answers and help in advance.

PS.
I want to thank everybody who responded to my request for 3B1 keyboard
cables. I was able to contact the company that made the cables directly.
If anyone needs the information please send me email.
--
Gary T. Butler	Work (415) 823-2374 Home (415) 430-9226

Work E-Mail address {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}pacbell!pbhyf!gtb
HOME E-Mail address {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}pacbell!blbsfc!gtb

gtb@PacBell.COM (Gary T. Butler) in <7778@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> writes:

	I am looking for a supplier of the clock chip that is used in the
	6300+.  This chip may me a proprietary chip made for AT&T only but the
	number is:

	MM58274N
	+8532 is on the top of the chip

	I have been told a replacement chip is 47174C made by National
	Semiconductor.

That clock chip number "looks" very much like the ones mfd by SaRoNix in
Palo Alto, CA (e.g. MM58321, etc.); SaRoNix' clock chips have been taken
over by Epson America sometime during the past several years.

ALL my tech books, catalogs, IC Masters ,etc. are out in boxes on my patio
since a small fire (meaning I cannot check them), so I'd suggest calling first
SaRoNix and then Epson.  SaRoNix still makes crystal oscillators.

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

esmith@apple.com (Eric Smith) (07/21/90)

In article <7778@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> gtb@PacBell.COM (Gary T. Butler)
writes:
> I am looking for a supplier of the clock chip that is used in the 6300+.
> This chip may me a proprietary chip made for AT&T only but the number is:
>
>         MM58274N
>         +8532 is on the top of the chip
>
> I have been told a replacement chip is 47174C made by National
Semiconductor.

> No one has been able to give me a clear answer. So if anyone knows where
> to get this chip or a replacement chip and supplier I would be very
> gratefull.

The chip is made by National Semiconductor.  The correct part number is
MM58274N.  8532 is the date code and is unimportant.  As far as I can tell,
47174C is not a valid National Semi part number.  Where did you get it?
I don't think there are any second sources for this part.

Anyhow, you can probably get the 58274 from Fry's Electronics or a National
Semi distributor, although the latter might have a $100 minimum order.

The 58321 that Thad mentioned and the 5832 that it is based on were
designed
by OKI and are completely different.

----
Eric Smith    esmith@apple.com
Opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my
employer, family, friends, computer, or even me!  :-)