[unix-pc.general] ALERT! Please read this message!

dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) (02/07/91)

Please, please, please, would everyone remember not to post any articles to
unix-pc.sources anymore.  A large number of sites have either already
deleted unix-pc.sources in favor of comp.sources.3b1 or they have aliased
the old group to the new group and are enforcing the aliasing.  Once the
newsgroup name has been changed to comp.sources.3b1 they recognize it as
being moderated and promptly mail the article to me.  I just received 40
copies of a message the Kris Kugel posted.

PLEASE stop!  The mail is killing my system!

I have just now (2/6/91 10pm) finished setting up the software to control
the postings and generating an 'Introduction to c.s.3b1' message.  I will
begin posting the articles that I have received so far (including only 1
copy of Kris's article) right after I finish posting this message.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave@galaxia.newport.ri.us; Work: dhb@quahog.ssd.ray.com

dwn@swbatl.sbc.com (David Neill-OKCy Mktg 405-278-4007) (02/08/91)

In article <1201@galaxia.Newport.RI.US> dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) writes:
>Please, please, please, would everyone remember not to post any articles to
>unix-pc.sources anymore.  A large number of sites have either already
>deleted unix-pc.sources in favor of comp.sources.3b1 or they have aliased
>the old group to the new group and are enforcing the aliasing.  Once the
>newsgroup name has been changed to comp.sources.3b1 they recognize it as
>being moderated and promptly mail the article to me.  I just received 40
>copies of a message the Kris Kugel posted.
>
>PLEASE stop!  The mail is killing my system!

I don't want anyone's system to die!... but we still haven't gotten
the newsgroups, comp.sys.3b1 and comp.sources.3b1, yet.  Articles
addressed to these groups _are_ showing up in junk.  Any suggestions
out there?  Does the rest of the world now have these groups?

--
name & address   (this account) -> dwn@swbatl.sbc.com
David Neill       office -> 405-291-1990 -> ..texbell!oktext!mktco