[att.sys.unixpc] UNIX PC Device Drivers Development Guide.

lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) (12/12/87)

It finally came today.  After two letters being bounced back because
it had no specific person on the address label, this time Michael Ditto's
(ford@crash.CTS.COM) address worked out!

Thirty-nine pages long, the UNIX PC Version 3.0 Device Driver Development
Guide, Issue 0.  Written by:

		R. D. Niehaus
		mtuxn!4341rdn, fjrdn!rdn

I haven't had the chance to read through the whole thing, but it looks
pretty interesting.  It gives you a broad idea on how to write a device
driver, although some examples would have helped.

Also included was an extra goodie, the Kernel Debugger Information
and 1 diskette that included the kernel debugger.  This debugger gives
your the capability to interrupt a kernel driver, and examine the
registers, instructions, etc...  Sounds interesting, although I haven't
tried it yet.

					--Lenny
--
============================ US MAIL:   Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group
 IIIII   CCC   U   U   SSSS             PO Box 1

jhc@mtune.ATT.COM (Jonathan Clark) (12/17/87)

In article <176@icus.UUCP> lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>I don't know if mtunx!4341rdn can help you... you might want to Email him

I shouldn't bother, that system has been turned off for at least a year.
I don't recognize that login either, and the person in question is almost
certainly doing something else by now anyway.

Sorry to be such a party pooper and all that.
--
Jonathan Clark
jhc@mtune.att.com, attmail!jonathan

The Englishman never enjoys himself except for some noble purpose.

pgf@mtung.ATT.COM (Paul Fox) (12/18/87)

In article <1364@mtune.ATT.COM> jhc@mtune.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) writes:
>In article <176@icus.UUCP> lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>>I don't know if mtunx!4341rdn can help you... you might want to Email him
>I shouldn't bother, that system has been turned off for at least a year.

...and Doug has had at least two new jobs since then...  but I'm sure he'd
be flattered to know we're all thinking of him...

--
			Paul Fox, AT&T Information Systems, Middletown NJ.
			  [ihnp4|vax135]!mtung!pgf (201)957-2698