[att.sys.unixpc] Objective Programming Inc.

bamford@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Harold E. Bamford) (02/18/88)

I have just received a sales brochure from a company called Objective
Programming Incorporated.  They are trying to sell me two products,
Accuclock and Objective Utilities which are for use on the Unix PC.

The utilities package includes some programs for locating bad blocks on
a disk and assigning them to a file which is then never used.  This
utility is one that I have an immediate need for as I am getting reports
of bad blocks on a daily basis.

My question is:  Has anybody had experience with these people?  Are the
products reliable?  I don't want to buy this product if it is a dud or a
trojan, but I DO need a program as they have described.

Comments?

				Harold Bamford
--
				Harold Bamford, AT&T Bell Labs
				IHP 2F-524 (312) 416-7397

mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) (02/21/88)

In article <4849@ihlpg.ATT.COM> bamford@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Harold E. Bamford) writes:

>I have just received a sales brochure from a company called Objective
>Programming Incorporated.  They are trying to sell me two products,
>Accuclock and Objective Utilities which are for use on the Unix PC.

I have has some dealings with Objective, they are going to send me
their software to review and then post on the net.  I dont think
that this will be until next month. So far I am impressed with them.
The owner, David Solan, seems to be pretty straight forward. I have
purchased several products (att) from them and found their delivery to
be fast.

--
                                                {mhuxu,u1100a}-----\