[comp.windows.x] Wanted: Latest X Windows

markv@uoregon.UUCP (02/06/87)

We have a new sun 3 on campus, as well as several IBM RTs.  I am
interested in obtaining the latest source for X-windows.  Does the RT
port really exist or is it still in the works?  What is the latest
revision number for X-windows?

Unfortunately, we do not have arpa access here, so we will have to have
a tape made, or transfer via Bitnet.

Thanks in advance...

--
Mark VandeWettering
University of Oregon Computer and Information Sciences Department

jg@jumbo.UUCP (02/07/87)

In article <381@uoregon.UUCP> markv@uoregon.UUCP (Mark VandeWettering) writes:
>We have a new sun 3 on campus, as well as several IBM RTs.  I am
>interested in obtaining the latest source for X-windows.  Does the RT
>port really exist or is it still in the works?  What is the latest
>revision number for X-windows?

The current release from MIT is X.V10R4.  It includes support for X under
ACIS 4.2A only, for their latest release that just hit the streets.
I believe ACIS may also redistribute somewhat staler code as well.
It can be ordered from MIT in the usual way, from the Microcomputer
center.