[comp.windows.x] xdemos

dana@faline.UUCP (02/12/87)

Help,
	I'm running XV10R4 on a SUN 3/50 running 3.2 Unix.  I'm
trying to run the xdemos for a SUN but each one immediately exits
with the line "no such file or directory".  What file or directory
is it looking for (running 'strings' on the files produce nothing,
what type of files are these anyway?).  Any help would be
appreciated.

			Dana Chee
			MRE 2Q-250
			(201) 829-4488
			faline!dana

mlandau@DIAMOND.BBN.COM.UUCP (02/15/87)

In xpert faline!dana@bellcore.com  (Dana A. Chee) writes:
>	I'm running XV10R4 on a SUN 3/50 running 3.2 Unix.  I'm
>trying to run the xdemos for a SUN but each one immediately exits
>with the line "no such file or directory".

You have to invoke the xdemo program with an explicit host spec, as
in "xdemo balls myhost:0" for it to work, at least on the Sun.  I do
know why this is true, but it seems to be the case.  By the way, the
pixmaps for the balls demo are byte-reversed, so instead of circles
you get semicircles that are back-to-back with the convex sides touching.