[comp.windows.x] PostScript in X?

don@BRILLIG.UMD.EDU.UUCP (02/17/87)

   Date: Mon, 16 Feb 87 09:40:34 -0800
   From: Bill Wohler <wohler@spam.istc.sri.com>

     anyone there know anything about this?  i'm curious as well.

					   --bw

	   ----- Forwarded message follows -----
   While spying NeWS at the Sun booth at UniForum I heard various rumors
   about a PostScript previewer for X from abobe. I would be dearly interested
   in such a beast, but I had no response to a query I sent to adobe. Does
   anyone have any more info/specs on this thing?

   Thanks,
   Trevor Darrell
   trevor@linc.cis.upenn.edu  |  trevor@grasp.cis.upenn.edu  |  (215) 898-5617
   Systems Programmer, Computer Science Research Computing
   University of Pennsylvania CIS dept. 200 S. 33rd st. Philadelphia, PA 19104
   ------- End of Forwarded Message

I asked someone at the Sun booth at Uniforum about that, and they said
that the PostScript that Adobe announced they were working on for X was
a single threaded PostScript previewer.

	-Don

brian@apollo.UUCP (02/19/87)

In article <8702170207.AA11393@brillig.umd.edu> don@BRILLIG.UMD.EDU (Don Hopkins) writes:

> 	   ----- Forwarded message follows -----
>    While spying NeWS at the Sun booth at UniForum I heard various rumors
>    about a PostScript previewer for X from abobe. I would be dearly interested
>    in such a beast, but I had no response to a query I sent to adobe. Does
>    anyone have any more info/specs on this thing?
>
>    Thanks,
>    Trevor Darrell
>    trevor@linc.cis.upenn.edu  |  trevor@grasp.cis.upenn.edu  |  (215) 898-5617
>    Systems Programmer, Computer Science Research Computing
>    University of Pennsylvania CIS dept. 200 S. 33rd st. Philadelphia, PA 19104
>    ------- End of Forwarded Message
>
> I asked someone at the Sun booth at Uniforum about that, and they said
> that the PostScript that Adobe announced they were working on for X was
> a single threaded PostScript previewer.
>
> 	-Don

Adobe has definitely announced that they will offer Postscript for
X. After the X announcement in January (by the major workstation
vendors).

Steve MacDonald, vice president of marketing for Adobe Systems:
    "We plan to announce a new version of our Postscript
     software...that provides a good graphics foundation for
     operation with the new X Window System as well as other
     windowing environments".
                     (quoted in EE Times, Monday, January 19, 1987)

        =brian

"Hey.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean.
 Just remember:  No matter where you go....there you are". - Buckaroo Banzai

UUCP: ...{mit-erl, mit-eddie, yale, uw-beaver, decvax!wanginst}!apollo!brian
BIX, Delphi:  brian      GENIE: b.holt      and assorted other identities...
Brian R. Holt     Apollo Computer     Chelmsford MA.    (617) 256-6600 x7611