[comp.windows.x] How to use X windows when using rlogin?

pwu@uwmacc.UUCP (02/18/87)

If I have one host (host A) running X and I use it to rlogin to another
machine (host B) running X, is it possible to run an X program on
host B and get the output (graphics) at host A? If so, how?

peter
/*
** ARPA: pwu@unix.macc.wisc.edu              BITNET: WU at WISVMACC
** UUCP: {seismo|harvard|topaz|caip|ll-xn|                      <-+
**        allegra|akgua|ucbvax|bellcore|ihnp4}!uwvax!uwmacc!pwu   |
**                                                                |
**   Uuhosts on this line may have faster delivery time.  --------+
*/

bob@osu-eddie.UUCP (02/19/87)

In article <1087@uwmacc.UUCP> pwu@uwmacc.UUCP (Peter Wu) writes:
>If I have one host (host A) running X and I use it to rlogin to another
>machine (host B) running X, is it possible to run an X program on
>host B and get the output (graphics) at host A? If so, how?

A% rsh B xload -n B A:0 &

Notice that because you said graphics, I said `xload', but the above
is how I'm running xterm right now.  Any client can go in that space.
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277