[comp.windows.x] Where to find XWindows information

jayr@well.UUCP (03/12/87)

Since I just went through this problem, I thought I'd pass on my findings.
An alpha release of X and the toolkit and documentation is maintained on
anonymous@zap.mit.edu, which you can only ftp to on Arpanet.

dsn@mimsy.UUCP (03/13/87)

In article <2760@well.UUCP> jayr@well.UUCP (Jay Roth) writes:
>An alpha release of X and the toolkit and documentation is maintained on
>anonymous@zap.mit.edu, which you can only ftp to on Arpanet.

Does anyone know the numeric designation for zap.mit.edu?  I can find
athena.mit.edu in our /etc/hosts file, but not zap.mit.edu.

wyatt@cfa.UUCP (03/14/87)

>>An alpha release of X and the toolkit and documentation is maintained on
>>anonymous@zap.mit.edu, which you can only ftp to on Arpanet.
> Does anyone know the numeric designation for zap.mit.edu?

zap.mit.edu = 18.72.0.126
--

Bill    UUCP:  {seismo|ihnp4}!harvard!talcott!cfa!wyatt
Wyatt   ARPA:  wyatt@cfa.harvard.edu