[comp.windows.x] sun 3/110

stpeters%dawn.tcpip@GE-CRD.ARPA (03/16/87)

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 87 09:31:13 EST
From: <stpeters%dawn.tcpip@csbvax>
Posted-Date: Mon, 16 Mar 87 09:31:13 EST
To: xpert@athena.mit.edu
Subject: sun 3/110

> Also, we just received a 3/110, and X doesn't recognize that it is a
> color screen.  I have heard that this problem is in the sun
> libraries (suntools doesn't run in color on it either).  Maybe Sun
> will have a fix in 3.4 (we have 3.3 right now...)  Wonderful to pay
> for a color workstation so you you can use it as a monochrome
> monitor.

It seems to be popular on this list to malign Sun, but I can't let
this one go by unanswered.  I'm sending this from a sun 3/110 running
suntools in color.  Enough said.

Dick St.Peters
GE Corporate R & D
stpeters@ge-crd.arpa		{address to change soon}
{rochester,rpics,edison}!steinmetz!dawn!stpeters

arons@iris.UUCP (Tom Arons) (03/16/87)

The patches posted for version 10.3 also work for version 10.4 if inserted in
the appropriate places which have moved slightly.

Tom Arons
University of California, Davis
Image Processing Facility
"ucdavis!iris!arons"@ucbvax.berkeley.edu