[comp.windows.x] can you run X on a Moniterm vy6155?

lkw@titan.UUCP (03/19/87)

In article <8703172149.AA01799@paul.UUCP> Pnews swears root%paul@uscacsc.UUCP
(Paul Nahi) wrote:

>Does anyone know if X will run on a Moniterm vy6155 display?  This is
>for the IBM RT/PC and is the new 19" monitor they recently announced.
>It uses the same adapter as the 6155 which is already supported by X.

Since all the software really "sees" is the 4768 display adapter, all
software should work just as though you had the IBM 15" monitor plugged
in.  We've been running Andrew on the prototypes for the vy6155 since
last summer, and it works just fine.  The only difference is that you can
actually read things without getting smudge-marks on the screen from
pressing your nose right up against it....:-)
--
Larry Wake                   uucp:   {ihnp4 | hplabs | psivax}!csun!lkw
CSUN Computer Center         BITNET: RETPLKW@CALSTATE