[comp.windows.x] server ports

RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU.UUCP (03/23/87)

Anyone contemplating a non-trivial V10 server port should seriously
consider punting, and working on a V11 port instead.  Working on
V10 won't get you very far towards a V11 server, and V11 will come
with LOTS of graphics code already provided, to make your life easier.

df@nud.UUCP (03/24/87)

In article <870323081840.2.RWS@KILLINGTON.LCS.MIT.EDU> RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Robert Scheifler) writes:
>Anyone contemplating a non-trivial V10 server port should seriously
>consider punting, and working on a V11 port instead.  Working on
>V10 won't get you very far towards a V11 server, and V11 will come
>with LOTS of graphics code already provided, to make your life easier.

Since we began porting V10R4 to a VME graphics card last week,
I think Robert's comments apply to us.  I'd be happy to begin work
on a V11 port.  The problem is that I can't seem to get my hands on
V11 specifications or code.

Can you give me pointers to V11?  Do you have a current estimate
of when V11 will be available?  In the meantime, we'll continue
to work on V10.

-Dale

--
	seismo!noao!mcdsun!nud!df	602/438-5739	ihnp4!mot!nud!df