[comp.windows.x] Unlinked Cursor

greg@jimi.UUCP (04/03/87)

I am writing an X application and would like to have the cursor
unlinked from the mouse (not follow the mouses movement) at certain
times.  I cannot find anything along these lines in the documentation,
if anyone knows a way of accomplishing this I would appreciate hearing
from you.
				--Greg
				greg@jimi.cs.unlv.edu
				<@relay.cs.net:greg@jimi.cs.unlv.edu>
				{sdcrdcf,ihnp4,akgua}!otto!jimi!greg

shebs@utah-cs.UUCP (04/06/87)

In article <537@jimi.cs.unlv.edu> greg@jimi.UUCP (Greg Wohletz) writes:

>I am writing an X application and would like to have the cursor
>unlinked from the mouse (not follow the mouses movement) at certain
>times.

For every mouse movement event, warp the mouse (XWarpMouse) back to the
desired location... :-)

							stan shebs
							shebs@cs.utah.edu