[comp.windows.x] sx scrolling

clj@osu-eddie.UUCP (05/11/87)

From: Craig Joseph <clj>

I'll ask one more time in the hope that some poor soul will
take pity on me.  Does anyone know of a horizontal and
a vertical scrolling procedure that can be used as a
callback procedure(s) for an sx_scrollbar??

Craig
clj@ohio-state.arpa

rotondo@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Scott Rotondo) (05/12/87)

In article <3524@osu-eddie.UUCP> Craig Joseph writes:

> I'll ask one more time in the hope that some poor soul will
> take pity on me.  Does anyone know of a horizontal and
> a vertical scrolling procedure that can be used as a
> callback procedure(s) for an sx_scrollbar??

It sounds like what you're asking for is a general scrolling procedure.
Since this procedure has no idea what is being displayed, it would have
to simply store the bitmapped image for the entire window (not just the
visible part); this could take a very unreasonable amount of space.
The reason Sx doesn't provide such a beast is that you can do a much
better job yourself, since you can represent the window contents with
a more compact data structure.

				-- Scott