[comp.windows.x] applications using status line

erickson@POMPE.UCI.EDU (Gary Scott Erickson) (07/14/87)

Has anyone written an application using the status line of an
xterm window?

I've got a program that forks off jobs, then informs me when
they're done.  (I originally wrote it on an HPUX machine with no
job control, but I find it useful on other machines also.)  I
have the status line escape sequence for a vt102, but I believe
that it assumes that the status line is the 25th line.

I'd appreciate any info.

Gary

* Gary Erickson                          | erickson@ics.uci.edu    (Internet) *
* Lab Support                            | ucbvax!ucivax!erickson      (UUCP) *
* Information and Computer Science Dept. |                                    *
* University of California Irvine        | (714) 856-5697                     *

wohler@c3-5.istc.sri.com..istc.sri.com (Bill Wohler) (07/14/87)

In article <13416.553229973@pompe.uci.edu> erickson@POMPE.UCI.EDU (Gary Scott Erickson) writes:
>Has anyone written an application using the status line of an
>xterm window?

  sysline (4.3BSD) does.