[comp.windows.x] TeleVideo 80386 box with X?

earle@JPLOPTO.JPL.NASA.GOV (Greg Earle, 40876) (07/18/87)

New Unix World shows a TeleVideo `TeleStar/386' engineering workstation.
It claims to run Microport's DOS Merge 386 (razzz), and has TCP/IP and
Ethernet support.  It also claims to run X.
Has anyone seen any of these beasts yet?
Does it run X V10 R4?
If so, then how many System V X ports does this make (in existence) now?

	- Greg Earle
	  earle@jplopto.JPL.NASA.GOV
	  earle%jplopto@elroy.JPL.NASA.GOV (aka jpl-elroy.ARPA)

dave@micropen (David F. Carlson) (07/21/87)

In article <8707180132.AA09846@jplopto.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, earle@JPLOPTO.JPL.NASA.GOV (Greg Earle, 40876) writes:

> New Unix World shows a TeleVideo `TeleStar/386' engineering workstation.
> It claims to run Microport's DOS Merge 386 (razzz), and has TCP/IP and
> Ethernet support.  It also claims to run X.
> If so, then how many System V X ports does this make (in existence) now?

Televideo owns 15% of Microport and sells their products.  I called Microport
yesterday (21 JUL 87) and X is not shipping or even in beta.  Don't hold your
breath.  Microport formally pulled support from GKS (after a scuffle with
GSS, the porters) after saying "any day now" for 6 months.  When I see it I'll
believe it.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
...!{seismo}!rochester!ur-valhalla!micropen!dave

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll