[net.news.group] Death and resurrection of ***NET.FLAME***

biep@klipper.UUCP (J. A. "Biep" Durieux) (07/18/85)

[]
	Why not create a mailing list mail.flame? Those who want it can get it,
	and those who do not don't. If there is a real interest, it will sur-
	vive, and there will be (non-)moderators. In the mean time mod.flame
	could be created to contain well-written arguments on net abuse and
	the like, which arguments I think clearly do serve a purpose.
	Or perhaps net.etiquette would be more appropriate (both for general
	and for net-etiquette).
--
							  Biep.
	{seismo|decvax|philabs|garfield|okstate}!mcvax!vu44!klipper!biep

When a doctor doctors a doctor, does the doctoring doctor doctor the doc-
tored doctor with the doctoring doctor's doctrine,  or does the doctoring
doctor doctor  the doctored doctor  with the doctored doctor's  doctrine?

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (07/18/85)

This is one case where I don't think a mailing list would work.
At least as it stands, a site has the OPTION of turning off net.flame
if they really feel that need.  But if that sort of stuff were moving
by mail, more sites be forced into carrying that material against
their will (as part of other mail forwarding) and in many cases would
be forced to forward multiple copies of the material to different
recipients.  My guess is that the backlash to this could be
some sites refusing to forward mail at all.

--Lauren--

rjv@ihdev.UUCP (ron vaughn) (07/19/85)

In article <488@klipper.UUCP> biep@klipper.UUCP (J. A. "Biep" Durieux) writes:
>[]
>	Why not create a mailing list mail.flame? Those who want it can get it,
>	and those who do not don't. If there is a real interest, it will sur-
>	vive, and there will be (non-)moderators. In the mean time mod.flame
>	could be created to contain well-written arguments on net abuse and
>	the like, which arguments I think clearly do serve a purpose.
>	Or perhaps net.etiquette would be more appropriate (both for general
>	and for net-etiquette).

this is absolutely stupid.  it goes against everything net.flame stands
for.  in mod.flame could i tell the world this is the dumbest thing
i've read in 16 days??  NO.  it would be moderated out.  net.flame is
the editoral page of the net.  it's where you let it all hang out, and
you tell YOUR side of the story, forget the other dumb-witted dirtbag
who can't see the RIGHT opinion.  see? SEE??  mod.flame?  ha.  ha-ha.
it is to laugh.

nothing personal, biep , i just had to show an example of what WOULDN'T
make it to mod.flame.  flame has a purpose, let's not even suggest
bogus wimpy quiche eating groups like mod.flame.

	ron "mrmachoimrightyougotohellyoudirtbag" vaughn