[comp.windows.x] Looking for GKS/XWindows package

ben@scdpyr.UUCP (ben domenico) (09/13/87)

We are looking for an implementation of GKS within the
XWindows environment.  We have such a package running on
our DEC GPX Ultrix workstation, but we need a similar
package for our Suns.  Unfortunately the GPX package
is a proprietary DEC product.

Any leads on commercial or public domain versions of such
a package would be appreciated.

Ben Domenico
UNIDATA Program
ben@groucho.ucar.edu
...hao!groucho!ben

lamaster@pioneer.arpa (Hugh LaMaster) (09/14/87)

In article <169@scdpyr.UUCP> ben@scdpyr.UUCP (ben domenico) writes:

>We are looking for an implementation of GKS within the
>XWindows environment.  We have such a package running on

You might try ICEX.  They certainly have GKS based products that are X-windows
compatible.  1-800-222-ICEX or (303) 666-5400  (Louisville, Colorado).

  Hugh LaMaster, m/s 233-9,  UUCP {seismo,topaz,lll-crg,ucbvax}!
  NASA Ames Research Center                ames!pioneer!lamaster
  Moffett Field, CA 94035    ARPA lamaster@ames-pioneer.arpa
  Phone:  (415)694-6117      ARPA lamaster@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

                 "IBM will have it soon"

(Disclaimer: "All opinions solely the author's responsibility")