[comp.windows.x] Screendumps

turner@unc.cs.unc.edu (Douglass Turner) (09/17/87)

I know someone out there can tell me how to do the following:

I want to create a window using a background pixmap that I
have generated previously. So the pixmap is in a file and
I wish to read it into a buffer and slap it up on a window.

The application is a tool that displays floorplans of a
building, I figure I first write a little program to draw
a floorplan using XLine(), save the window Pixmap using
PixmapGetXY(), and write the data to a file.

When I fire up the application I suck the file in from
disk and make a Pixmap from it with XStorePixmapXY()
for use as a Window background.

Should be a piece of cake right?  Hmmm....

My first attempt has already crashed one mVax and,
well... you get the picture.

Any guidance from the X-men and X-women out there
would be great.

			Thanks,
			Doug Turner

garyc@tekecs.TEK.COM (Gary Combs) (09/18/87)

In article <1308@unc.cs.unc.edu> turner@unc.cs.unc.edu (Douglass Turner) writes:

>I know someone out there can tell me how to do the following:
>
>I want to create a window using a background pixmap that I
>have generated previously. .....

	I believe the problem might be that you are tiling a pixamap greater than 32 by 32.
	If you want a larger background, try using the routine XPixmapPut first. The other
	pixmaps could then be placed on top.
Gary Combs                  garyc@tekecs.GWD.TEK
Tektronix, Inc.             Wilsonvile, Oregon