[comp.windows.x] don't believe everything you read

RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Robert Scheifler) (09/30/87)

Perhaps this is obvious but ...

If you want to track "blessed" fixes/changes to V11R1, I suggest you
only believe mail emanating from me and Ralph Swick.

peterson@milano.UUCP (10/01/87)

In article <870930075019.3.RWS@KILLINGTON.LCS.MIT.EDU>, RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Robert Scheifler) writes:

> If you want to track "blessed" fixes/changes to V11R1, I suggest you
> only believe mail emanating from me and Ralph Swick.

Does this explicitly dis-include other people from project Athena,
like John T. Kohl (who recently posted a patch to xmodmap.c) and
others associated with X11, like Jim Gettys (who has posted several
changes)?

Also was your reply (of 25 Sep 87) to Alan Schultz's message
of 24 Sep 87 a "blessed" fix?

--
James Peterson
james.peterson@mcc.com  or  ...sally!im4u!milano!peterson

jg@jumbo.UUCP (10/02/87)

I will be sending all of my fixes to Bob in the future, both for sanity
check, and so that people can know what the "truth" is more easily.
				Jim Gettys

RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Robert Scheifler) (10/03/87)

    Date: 1 Oct 87 15:04:50 GMT
    From: ghostwheel!milano!peterson@sally.utexas.edu

    > If you want to track "blessed" fixes/changes to V11R1, I suggest you
    > only believe mail emanating from me and Ralph Swick.

    Does this explicitly dis-include other people from project Athena,
    like John T. Kohl (who recently posted a patch to xmodmap.c) and
    others associated with X11, like Jim Gettys (who has posted several
    changes)?

Yes.

    Also was your reply (of 25 Sep 87) to Alan Schultz's message
    of 24 Sep 87 a "blessed" fix?

Perhaps.  I have no intention of sending out diffs for every little
thing we fix or improve between now and the next release.  I will make a
reasonable effort to send out fixes to fatal bugs.  The thing mentioned
causes no particular problems at present, so nothing further will be
reported if and when it gets fixed.