[comp.windows.x] Object Oriented Suggestion

"Michael_K._Powers.WBST139"@XEROX.COM (10/24/87)

	There have been a few notes by interested parties refering to the need
for a  object oriented interface to X V11 from C++. (And I would like to
add a call for a "real" object oriented Toolkit as well.) The InterViews
library from Standford seems to be a step in the right direction.

	Sounds to me like we have the start of a working group. Rick, you seem
to be the facilitator that gets these things up and running. Perhaps a
similar setup to the proposed Window Manager dl would work.

					humbly submitted,

						Mike Powers

Powers.wbst139@Xerox.com

diamant@hpfclp.UUCP (10/25/87)

> add a call for a "real" object oriented Toolkit as well.) The InterViews
> library from Standford seems to be a step in the right direction.

I have seen InterViews mentioned several times, but I don't know anything
about it.  I'd like to know more.  Does anyone have a summary of it and/or
a contact name and address to obtain it?

> 	Sounds to me like we have the start of a working group. Rick, you seem
> to be the facilitator that gets these things up and running. Perhaps a
> similar setup to the proposed Window Manager dl would work.

What is the Window Manager dl you refer to?  If it is a mailing list for
discussing smart window management issues, I'd like to know about it.

Thanks in advance,

John Diamant			UUCP:  {hplabs,hpfcla}!hpfclp!diamant
Hewlett Packard Co.		ARPA Internet: diamant%hpfclp@hplabs.HP.COM
Fort Collins, CO