[comp.windows.x] X journal/playback

earle@jplopto.Jpl.Nasa.GOV (Greg Earle) (11/17/87)

From: marki@hpiacla.HP.COM (Mark Ikemoto)
Newsgroups: ca.unix
Subject: Re: Record/Replay || Journal/Playback
Date: 16 Nov 87 01:35:51 GMT

George Sachs (503-750-4252) is an HP engineer in Corvalis, Oregon
who's been working on a program called TMON (Test Monitor) that does
the things you've been looking for.  I've been using TMON on an
HP 9000/300 running HP-UX and X-Windows.  It captures mouse, keyboard,
and function key input, replays it.  It does even nice things like
capture the bits in an X-Window during input mode, and then during
output mode will take the specified window on the screen and compare
its bits against the bits you captured previously, looking for a mismatch.
TMON will then record mismatches in a log file for you to peruse later.

I don't know if you can use it with the machine or Unix that you're
running.  Give George a call.

Mark Ikemoto
HP IAC, (408) 746-5453