[comp.windows.x] X for SUN 3/60

tek@CS.UCLA.EDU (11/18/87)

In article <1403@rtech.UUCP> sid@llama.UUCP (Sid Shapiro) writes:
>We have a color sun 3/60 that we are trying to run X on.

Does X11 (or even X10) run on the SUN 3/60 at all?

According to the X11 R1 announcement:
	"This release will run on ... most Sun Microsystems workstations
	with bw2 and cg2/3/4/5 displays under 3.2, 3.4 and 4.0 ... "

Does anyone know how those displays match up with the following
SUN designations for the 3/60 ?
	3/60 M  - monochrome
	3/60 HM - hi-res monochrome
	3/60 G  - gray-scale
	3/60 FC - 16" color
	3/60 C  - 19" color

Assuming R1 does not have a 3/60 port, does anyone know if R2 does?

What about this rumor I hear about "someone at Berekeley" got X11
to work on a 3/60? Any comments?

-ted

-ted		ARPAnet: tek@locus.ucla.edu
		UUCP:    {randvax,ihnp4,sdcrdcf,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!tek

bzs@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Barry Shein) (11/23/87)

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.41.4 of Mon Mar 23 1987 on bu-cs (berkeley-unix)

>Does X11 (or even X10) run on the SUN 3/60 at all?

I have X11 running just fine on a monochrome Sun3/60 (I don't have any
color 3/60s yet.) The only problem I had was the EEPROM setting for
the screen size was wrong as shipped, fixed that and it worked just
fine, no changes. But if you have this problem you'll notice that
suntools won't work either, which should make you suspicious.

	-Barry Shein, Bong Yge-IDetyetye