[comp.windows.x] X11 under SVR3

cam@ptisea.UUCP (cameron elliott) (01/10/88)

I am also interested on a System V compatible version of X,
and would like to put some work into it.

Is there any way to get a uucp link to download it?
(Obviously I wouldnt want to send it over the net.)
I would be willing to pay for the long-distance fees.
(Well have telenet pay for the fees anyway.)

--
Disclaimer: If employees dont represent an organization what does?
Cameron Elliott		Portable Technologies

bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (01/13/88)

In article <208@ptisea.UUCP> cam@ptisea.UUCP writes:
>Is there any way to get a uucp link to download it [X11R1]?
>(Obviously I wouldnt want to send it over the net.)
>I would be willing to pay for the long-distance fees.
>(Well have telenet pay for the fees anyway.)

We could put X11 along with updates, patches, contributed stuff, etc.
on osu-cis for anonymous UUCP, like we do for the GNU stuff (see my
occasional postings to comp.sources.d).  We have the storage space and
you can usually find a dialin line free.  However, since it runs on
the high side of 9 Megabytes or so, we thought the phone charges would
be prohibitive (even at 2400bps) and the service wouldn't be useful to
anyone.

Any requests?  I don't really want to go to the bother of maintaining
Yet Another free software distribution for UUCP access unless it would
be Really Useful to Plenty of People.  Of course, if it would, we'd be
happy to help out.

(If you could tell me how we could have Telenet pay for some of our
fees too, we'd like to hear it! :-)
-=-
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!bob
 soon: bob@cis.ohio-state.edu