[comp.windows.x] Help! X11 on Sun 3/60 w/ cg4

cam@ptisea.UUCP (cameron elliott) (01/29/88)

In article <456@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU>, pmf@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU (Phil Fernandez) writes:

> Help!  I just received a new Sun 3/60 with a cg4 monitor.  I had been using
> X10.4 on my old mono 3/50, and hoped to continue using X on the 3/60.
>
> First, I tried X10.4 on the 3/60, with no real success.  Everything is
> really weird -- all crunched up to the left side of the video screen.  X
> seemed completely brain damaged.
> [the rest removed...]

'X seemed completely brain damaged.' sounds like something Steve Jobs
would say.

--
Disclaimer: If employees dont represent an organization what does?
Cameron Elliott		Portable Technologies

pmf@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU (Phil Fernandez) (01/30/88)

Thanks to all the folks that helped with my question re. running
X on a 3/60 with a cg4 monitor.  Several people pointed me to several
sets of corrections to X10.4 that allows it to work on a cg4.  I am
now happily running X10.4 on my 3/60 in glorious color.  And it's
as fast as the mono implementation.

phil