[comp.windows.x] Does anyone have an X-windows based text editor?

bsmith@postgres.berkeley.edu (Brian Smith) (01/29/88)

  Hello there folks out in netland! Has anyone written a *simple* mouse
based editor for X-windows? It can be anything from a simple reincarnation
of vi to WYSIWYG to ... anything else. We're using X10.4 running on Sun
3 workstations (flames about the dark ages do /dev/null).

-----
Brian C. Smith				arpa:  bsmith@postgres.Berkeley.EDU
University of California, Berkeley	uucp:  {ihnp4,decvax}!ucbvax!bsmith
Center for Environ. Design Research	phone: (415)643-9722

gringort@decwrl.dec.com (Joel Gringorten) (02/02/88)

In article <22773@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> bsmith@postgres.berkeley.edu (Brian Smith) writes:

>  Hello there folks out in netland! Has anyone written a *simple* mouse
>based editor for X-windows? It can be anything from a simple reincarnation
>of vi to WYSIWYG to ... anything else. We're using X10.4 running on Sun
>3 workstations (flames about the dark ages do /dev/null).
>
>-----
>Brian C. Smith				arpa:  bsmith@postgres.Berkeley.EDU
>University of California, Berkeley	uucp:  {ihnp4,decvax}!ucbvax!bsmith
>Center for Environ. Design Research	phone: (415)643-9722

How about checking out xedit on the MIT tape?
--
                          -joel