[comp.windows.x] 8-bit xterm

tom@pcsbst.UUCP (03/07/88)

Has anyone adapted the xterm terminal emulator to conform to the
ISO 88 59/1 8-bit character standard?  Is anyone thinking of doing
this?

How about anyone at AT&T?, since they are involved in the so called
Internationalization Effort and have NLS for German and French in
their System V.3 Release.

How about the people who wrote the Kanji xterm?  Any comments?

 Thomas Bagli
 PCS Computer Systeme GmbH
 Pfaelzer-Wald-Strasse 36
 D-8000 Muenchen 90
 West Germany

edmoy@violet.berkeley.edu (03/08/88)

In article <8803071245.AA14204@unido.uucp> tom@pcsbst.UUCP writes:

>Has anyone adapted the xterm terminal emulator to conform to the
>ISO 88 59/1 8-bit character standard?  Is anyone thinking of doing
>this?

If someone is, beware!  I was forced to strip the eighth bit in xterm so that
programs like "script" would work.  For whatever reason, this program does
its own parity, which originally confused the heck out of xterm (and suntools,
for that matter).

Edward Moy
Workstation Software Support Group
University of California