[comp.windows.x] getimage

jam@elrond.CalComp.COM (Julie A. Melbin) (03/29/88)

Potential stupid question:

when doing an XGetImage, should I expect the cursor to be part of the returned
image (if it is in the area where I am grabbing bits)?

If so, can I turn it off (don't want cursor in my image) or if not, how do I
get the cursor into my image say if I'm doing a screen dump and want to know
(show) where the cursor was?

thanks

jam

karlton@decwrl.dec.com (Philip Karlton) (03/31/88)

In article <2082@elrond.CalComp.COM> jam@elrond.UUCP () writes:
>when doing an XGetImage, should I expect the cursor to be part of the returned
>image (if it is in the area where I am grabbing bits)?

The cursor is not part of the image being returned. GetImage is defined in
terms of a rectangle in a given drawable. The cursor is not part of any
drawable.

PK

julie@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Julie Skeen) (04/01/88)

>In article <2082@elrond.CalComp.COM> jam@elrond.UUCP () writes:
>>when doing an XGetImage, should I expect the cursor to be part of the returned
>>image (if it is in the area where I am grabbing bits)?
>
>The cursor is not part of the image being returned. GetImage is defined in
>terms of a rectangle in a given drawable. The cursor is not part of any
>drawable.

I don't know about you, but I am running an HP 350 and XGetImage does indeed
save the cursor.  Like it or not.  As I understand it, whether or not the
cursor should be saved is an issue yet to be resolved.  Maybe someone more
in the know would like to comment.

Julie Skeen