Date: Thu, 31 Mar 88 22:37:18 pst
From: linton@lurch.stanford.edu (Mark Linton)
To: interran@shasta.stanford.edu
Subject: Re:  FYI

Could you send this reply to the net?  I've been getting this question
a lot.

There is a nil pointer dereference in cfront that causes it to fault on Suns
(or any machine that doesn't like that) when compiling InterViews.  It is
not a problem on a VAX.  The relevant diffs (new,old) are below.

Please send all questions about InterViews to Mark Linton at
linton@lurch.stanford.edu or ucbvax!linton.

src/expand.c
***************
*** 79,87 ****
  {
    	int val = 0, tmp = 1;
  	Pexpr ee = e->e1;
! 	if ( ee == 0 || ee->tp == 0 ) {
! 		return 0;
! 	}

  xxx:
  	switch( ee->tp->base ) {
--- 79,85 ----
  {
    	int val = 0, tmp = 1;
  	Pexpr ee = e->e1;
! 	if ( ee->tp == 0 ) return 0;

  xxx:
  	switch( ee->tp->base ) {
***************
*** 95,101 ****
  	}

  	if ( tmp == 1 ) {
! 		tmp++; if ((ee = e->e2) && ee->tp) goto xxx;
  	}

  	return( val );
  	}

  	if ( tmp == 1 ) {
! 		tmp++; if (ee = e->e2) goto xxx;
  	}

  	return( val );

--
John Interrante		Computer System Laboratory, Stanford University
interran@shasta.stanford.edu