[comp.windows.x] Rummored AT&T Sys V version of X?

jrg@Apple.COM (John R. Galloway) (04/08/88)

 I have heard that AT&T is going to do (is doing) a Sys V
version of X (presumably V11R2).  Can anyone confirm this?
Also does anyone have any info (confirmed or not) on when
this product might be avaiilable and how much it might cost?

thanks.

-jrg

Everything I say is the precise view of my employer but has
not the slighest thing to do with Apple Computer Corp.

bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (04/09/88)

In article <7861@apple.Apple.Com> jrg@Apple.COM (John R. Galloway) writes:
>I have heard that AT&T is going to do (is doing) a Sys V version of X
>(presumably V11R2).

If the Sun-ATT deal includes making X11/NeWS a part of "Standard
UNIX", then that package would provide an X server.  See your Sun or
ATT marketing person for the latest press release.
-=-
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@cis.ohio-state.edu or ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!bob