[comp.windows.x] twm crashing

rusty@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU (05/03/88)

Does anybody know why, and more importantly how to prevent twm from
crashing when a client program aborts prematurely?  When debugging a
Toolkit program that was malformed it died with a server error; under
uwm I would get the rubberband box and I could click the mouse and
nothing would show up on the screen (since the program had exited) but
when using twm, twm crashes and all of my windows open up.  It also
happened to me when I started bitmap with the wrong file name and I
banged on ctrl-c and managed to prevent it from starting up but did
get a server error message (invalid window or somesuch) and twm
crashed.  It's a real nuisance to have all of the windows open up
because invariably the one on top is an rlogin to some other machine
and I have to rlogin back to my sun just to start up the window
manager.

tlastran@esunix.UUCP (Tom LaStrange) (05/05/88)

In article <8805021740.AA11161@velveeta>, rusty@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
> Does anybody know why, and more importantly how to prevent twm from
> crashing when a client program aborts prematurely?

I'm looking for it.  I just ran across this same problem this morning.

--
Tom L.