[comp.windows.x] twm xterm icon

rusty@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU (05/03/88)

twm's manual page states "Since X11 xtermm does not provide an icon,
twm can provide a reasonable looking one for you"; as far as I can
tell this should be changed to say "twm insists on providing one a
presumably reasonable looking one for you".  Does anybody know how to
stop it from providing this xterm icon for me?  I've become rather
fond of those little nondescript boxes.

tlastran@esunix.UUCP (Tom LaStrange) (05/05/88)

In article <8805021746.AA11197@velveeta>, rusty@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
> twm's manual page states "Since X11 xtermm does not provide an icon,
> twm can provide a reasonable looking one for you"; as far as I can
> tell this should be changed to say "twm insists on providing one a
> presumably reasonable looking one for you".  Does anybody know how to
> stop it from providing this xterm icon for me?  I've become rather
> fond of those little nondescript boxes.

I am planning on a more generic way of letting you specify icon bitmaps
for clients.  Something like this in your .twmrc file:

  Icons
  {
	  "xterm"    "/blob/something/xterm.icon"
	  "bitmap"   "/foo/bitmap.icon"
	  "xfd"      "/bar/tmp/xfd.icon"
  }

I think that will take care of your request.

--
Tom L.