[comp.windows.x] Who has X for Xenix?

archer@kodak.UUCP (steve archer) (05/06/88)

Who has or sells or will sell X11 for Xenix?  Please reply by mail if
possible.  Thanks.

steve {....!rochester!kodak!archer, archer@cs.rochester.edu}

ccastks@pyr.gatech.EDU (Ken Seefried iii) (05/06/88)

In article <1249@kodak.UUCP> archer@kodak.UUCP (steve archer) writes:
>Who has or sells or will sell X11 for Xenix?  Please reply by mail if
>possible.  Thanks.
>
>steve {....!rochester!kodak!archer, archer@cs.rochester.edu}

I'm not sure if there is a Xenix driver for it yet, but Bell Technologies
(not the phone company) sells an awfully neet board based on the Intel 82786
graphics processor that runs X10.4.  The driver that I know about is for
Interactive/Bell 386/ix (SVR3.0).

The board displays 1660x1200 mono (on a Moniterm or Princton LM301) or 640x480
with 256 colors (on a multisync).  It plugs into an AT slot and comes with
1MB of frame buffer.  The cost is $1000 with X10.4, you supply the monitor.

They tell me that they will have X11 before the end of the year...

Disclaimer: I don't yet have one, although i will as soon as the money
	rolls in (tax return, perhaps).  I am also not affiliated in any
	way with Bell or Interactive.  I am however pretty impressed with
	what Ive seen, and the i82786 is a good chip....

	ken seefried iii
	georgia institue of technology
	office of computing services
	ken@gatech.edu