[comp.windows.x] XDrawFilled & XDrawTiled

richwill@swatsun.uucp (Rich Williamson) (05/13/88)

#define WHITE    1
#define BLACK    0

Vertex VList1[] = {
  10, 10, VertexDrawLastPoint,
  10, 100, VertexDrawLastPoint,
  100, 100, VertexDrawLastPoint,
  100, 10, VertexDrawLastPoint,
  10, 10, VertexDrawLastPoint };

int VCount = 5;

short GreyData[] = { 0x5555, 0xaaaa };

   .
   .
   .

  InitializeWindow( WINDOW_LEFT_EDGE, WINDOW_TOP_EDGE,
                    WINDOW_WIDTH, WINDOW_HEIGHT );

  GreyPixmap = XStorePixmapXY( 16, 2, GreyData );
  if( !GreyPixmap ) {
    printf("Couldn't create pixmap.\n");
  }
  else {
     /*  This doesn't work.  */
     XDrawTiled( MyWindow, VList1, VCount, GreyPixmap, GXcopy, AllPlanes );
[or] XDrawFilled( MyWindow, VList1, VCount, BLACK, GXcopy, AllPlanes );
  }
  XSync( MyWindow );

  /*  This works.  */
  XDraw( MyWindow, VList1, VCount, 1, 1, BLACK, GXcopy, AllPlanes );
  XPixmapPut( MyWindow,0,0,300,300,16,2,GreyPixmap,GXcopy,AllPlanes );

   .
   .
   .

Does anyone have any idea why neither of XDrawFilled or XDrawTiled work?
The XDraw and XPixmapPut work just fine, so I would think that my Vertex
list and Pixmap are ok.  Yet neither XDrawTiled nor XDrawFilled have any
effect whatsoever.  I'm using X.V10R4 on a Sun 3/50 with a monochrome
monitor.

UUCP: seismo!bpa!swatsun!richwill
CSNET: richwill%swatsun.swarthmore.edu@relay.cs.net
--

bob@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (05/16/88)

In article <1800@tulum.UUCP> richwill@swatsun.uucp () writes:
>Does anyone have any idea why neither of XDrawFilled or XDrawTiled
>work?  ... I'm using X.V10R4 on a Sun 3/50 with a monochrome monitor.

Likely because they're unimplemented.  Check the Xsun(8c) manual page
where it's documented, and libsun/tile.c where there are comments
about things yet "ToDo".
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277