[comp.windows.x] X-Windows for Microport System V/AT and Viking 1 Monitor?

whna@cgcha.UUCP (06/08/88)

Is there an X-Windows available for Microport System V/AT Version 2.3 (run
on an AT/286)? If yes, does this X-Windows provide a driver for the Viking 1
high resolution (1280 x 960) monitor attached to a HD63484 ACRTC?

Any comments are gratefully appreciated!

Heinz Naef

howellg@idec.stc.co.uk (Gareth Howell) (06/15/88)

In article <647@cgch.UUCP> whna@cgcha.uucp (Heinz Naef) writes:
>Is there an X-Windows available for Microport System V/AT Version 2.3 (run
>on an AT/286)? If yes, does this X-Windows provide a driver for the Viking 1

I asked the question regarding X on AT at the recent Unix Europe Show
in London.  On the Microport stand they had X running on a 386.  When
asked, they stated that an AT wouldn't support W-Windows.
Gareth
--
Gareth Howell  <howellg@idec.stc.co.uk>  G6KVK @ IO91vx
ICL Financial Services, London, England, Tel:+44 (0)1 638 5622