From acsnet@sunaus Wed Aug 24 08:36:43 1988
From: shauna@ipso.rss.ips.oz (Shaun A'Rundell)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
Subject: Xtpopups and transparent windows
Date: 21 Aug 88 09:57:39 GMT

	I am trying to create a menu popup in the X toolkit. I want
it to pop up from a command widget when a button is pressed. I want
the menu entries to be selected when the button is released. (I use
command buttons with a special translation table, within a box for
my menu). I can get very close but I have a few questions.

	1. I can only get the menu entries to receive <EnterWindow>
translation events when I use MenuPopup from within a translation
table. If I use XtPopup in a buttons callback, the menu buttons
don't get enter events. Is the because of grabs or what.

	2. If I understand XtAddGrab correctly, when my popup
shell does a grab (within _XtMenuAction etc), then enter and leave
eventes should only be received by the popupshell and it childreb
(my command widgets) but no by the command who callback poped
the popupshell. Is this correct ?.

	3, Is there any way to OR/XOR etc my popup shells background
with whatever is under it (transparent shadows etc) ?.

	Please reply to comp.windows.x

		Shaun Arundell
		..!munnari!shauna@ipso.oz

----- End Included Message -----