[comp.windows.x] X on Amiga\?

sam@NCSUVX.NCSU.EDU (Your Friend Sam Moore) (08/24/88)

Are there any ports of X to the Amiga? If so, where can I get it.

Thanks,

Sam Moore
sam@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (08/26/88)

In article <8808241350.AA12775@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> sam@NCSUVX.NCSU.EDU (Your Friend Sam Moore) writes:
+
+
+
+Are there any ports of X to the Amiga? If so, where can I get it.
+
+Thanks,
+
+Sam Moore
+sam@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu

Yes X exists on the Amiga and is real because I'm testing an Alpha version
of X11R2 and I must say it looks very good.  This will be a commercial
product of Boing, Inc.  Perhaps Dale Luck, who is occasionally on the net
can elaborate.
--
					-+= SAM =+-
"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (08/27/88)

In article <214@snll-arpagw.UUCP> paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) writes:

>Yes X exists on the Amiga and is real because I'm testing an Alpha version
>of X11R2 and I must say it looks very good.  This will be a commercial
>product of Boing, Inc.  Perhaps Dale Luck, who is occasionally on the net
>can elaborate.
>--
>				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

I showed the latest alpha release of X for the Amiga at Xhibition.

However the name of the company that is producing X has been changed to
GfxBase. Boing still exists but that is my consulting company and my
software company (I sell Boing jackets).

For more information please contact me via email.

--
Dale Luck     Boing, Inc. {cbmvax|oliveb|pyramid}|!amiga!boing!dale
Although I do contract work for Amiga-LosGatos, my opinions probably