[comp.windows.x] pbm on expo is corrupt?

brian@apollo.COM (Brian Holt) (09/13/88)

Just ftp'ed pbm.tar.Z from expo.lcs.mit.edu, and uncompress
told me it was "corrupt input".  I've had no problem with other
things from expo.  Anybody know what's up, or have a non-corrupt
version I can ftp?

		=brian

--
Internet: brian@apollo.COM            UUCP: {decvax,mit-erl,yale}!apollo!brian
NETel:    Apollo: 508-256-6600 x5694  Home: 617-332-3073    FISA: 617-964-8938

dave@sun.soe (Dave Goldblatt) (09/13/88)

From article <3e6dd528.18e92@apollo.COM>, by brian@apollo.COM (Brian Holt):
> Just ftp'ed pbm.tar.Z from expo.lcs.mit.edu, and uncompress
> told me it was "corrupt input".  I've had no problem with other
> things from expo.  Anybody know what's up, or have a non-corrupt
> version I can ftp?

Once you get it, the version up on expo is ok, but if you're having
problems I placed it on sun.soe.clarkson.edu [128.153.12.3] for
anonymous ftp.

-dg-

--

Internet: dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu    or:   dave@clutx.clarkson.edu
BITNET:   dave@CLUTX.Bitnet            uucp: {rpics, gould}!clutx!dave

seeger@beach.cis.ufl.edu (F. L. Charles Seeger III) (09/13/88)

In article <3e6dd528.18e92@apollo.COM> brian@apollo.COM (Brian Holt) writes:
|Just ftp'ed pbm.tar.Z from expo.lcs.mit.edu, and uncompress
|told me it was "corrupt input".  I've had no problem with other
|things from expo.  Anybody know what's up, or have a non-corrupt
|version I can ftp?

I just ftp-ed pbm.tar.Z yesterday (9/12) from expo and had no problem with
either uncompress or tar.  Haven't made it yet, though.  Was ftp in
binary mode?  I uncompressed on a Sun 3/60 under SunOS 3.5.  Is a compress
incompatiblity possible?

Chuck