[comp.windows.x] Recommended Manual/Book appreciated!

yt07+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Yin-Cheng Tsai) (09/15/88)

I know it takes your time to answer such a strange question.  However,
there are a lot of experts here who can give me helpful advices.  Would
you just give me 5 minutes to help me find the best stuff to fight
with X (Y? Z?).

I am planning to set up a "BOOK SHELF" about X window for my team.
Where can I find the manuals/books of updated version (the newer, the
better) especailly the manual for the widgets "publicly supported"?

Your comment about or instruction to get some specific stuffs are
welcome and appreciated.  If the methods of reaching them are attached,
it will be wonderful.  Thank everybody.

                                              -- tsai

sorensen@hstbme.mit.edu (Gregory Sorensen) (09/15/88)

In article <YX=fN6y00Uhg4CSF0w@andrew.cmu.edu> yt07+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Yin-Cheng Tsai) writes:
>I am planning to set up a "BOOK SHELF" about X window for my team.
>Where can I find the manuals/books of updated version (the newer, the
>better) especailly the manual for the widgets "publicly supported"?

Echo!  I would like to hear such recommendations.
After getting the X11R2 Core and User-supported documents,
what are the other books we should be getting?  There seem to be
somewhat mixed reviews on the O'Reilly books...

From the net, I can deduce that there exist HP and DEC 3D widgets,
but HP's isn't out yet and I'm not clear on DEC's...  Are there other
3D widgets, and if so, where can I find sources/documentation?

Thanks,

Greg Sorensen
sorensen@hstbme.mit.edu