[comp.windows.x] H-P Widget Set Documentation

mark@drd.UUCP (Mark Lawrence) (10/11/88)

I tried to send e-mail to the H-P folks to no avail (no response) and
this question might interest others.

Is it possible to purchase the H-P Widget set documentation that comes
with the distribution with PIC and other illustrations incorporated?
My company VISA is in hand -- H-P, are you listening?  Talk to me.

Unsolicited Editorial Comment for H-P:

	The documentation as distributed is Ok [better than nothing] but
	POSTSCRIPT source would have been alot nicer

Mark

--
   [uunet!apctrc,romed,tulsun]!drd!mark    DRD Corporation    Pithy Quote
    mlawrence@jarsun1.ZONE1.COM            (918)743-3013      Jer. 9:23,24

meo@stiatl.UUCP (Miles O'Neal) (10/11/88)

>Unsolicited Editorial Comment for H-P:
>
>	The documentation as distributed is Ok [better than nothing] but
>	POSTSCRIPT source would have been alot nicer

Perhaps making bot vaailable would be acceptable. Some of (8*() dont
always have PostScript available. We had to make do with the std Xrlib
doc for a while, and we survived...

ben@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Benjamin Ellsworth) (10/12/88)

The documentation is hot off the presses and available for order from
your friendly neighborhood HP sales rep.  Part Numbers are:

	5959-6155  "Programming with the HP X Widgets and Xt Intrinsics"

	5959-6150  "Programmin with Xlib"

	5959-6151  "Using the X Window System"

(These are just the pages.  You'll also have to order binders which
have separate part numbers :-( )

You are probably most interested in 5959-6155.  I included the others
just in case.

Good Luck!

---------
Benjamin Ellsworth
ben%hpcvlx@hplabs.hp.com
	or
{backbone}!hplabs!hpcvlx!ben

mark@drd.UUCP (Mark Lawrence) (10/14/88)

ben@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Benjamin Ellsworth) wrote:
%%
%% The documentation is hot off the presses and available for order from
%% your friendly neighborhood HP sales rep.  Part Numbers are:
%%
%% 	5959-6155  "Programming with the HP X Widgets and Xt Intrinsics"
%%
%% 	5959-6150  "Programmin with Xlib"
%%
%% 	5959-6151  "Using the X Window System"
%%
You can order them with plastic at the ready from 1-800-538-8787 (works
from Oklahoma).  $36 for the first one.  Didn't ask about the others.

For part numbers for the binders, you'll have to call (916)783-0804
which is H-P's parts identification folks (I'm not touchin' that one
with a ten foot pole).

Salud!
	Mark
--
					tulsun!drd!mark@Sun.COM
	DRD Corporation			mlawrence@jarsun1.ZONE1.COM

ben@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Benjamin Ellsworth) (10/15/88)

(... the rest of the story ...)

5959-6150 should be 5959-6158  (Xlib manual)

and the binders are "HP" binders with the following part numbers.

For the manual labelled:                Use this binder:
5959-6155                               9282-1082
5959-6158                               9282-1083
5959-6151                               9282-1081

For the person that wants postscript:

	We would like to accomodate you (and others) but we don't use ANY
	postscript in our documentation process (i.e. we're not doing this
	for spite, we do it because we have no choice).

	If someone were to give us a *roff to postscript converter, we
	could probably be persuaded to include postscript source in our
	public distribution.

Benjamin Ellsworth      | ben%hpcvlx@hplabs.hp.com     | INTERNET
Hewlett-Packard Company | {backbone}!hplabs!hpcvlx!ben | UUCP
1000 N.E. Circle        | (USA) (503) 750-4980         | FAX
Corvallis, OR 97330     |                              |

ben@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Benjamin Ellsworth) (10/18/88)

>	If someone were to give us a *roff to postscript converter, we
>	could probably be persuaded to include postscript source in our
>	public distribution.

(... and the fans go wild ... ;-)

Thanks to all who made this offer or one much like it!  We are pursuing
the first offer and hope to have postscript available on expo in the
near future.

---

Benjamin Ellsworth
ben%hpcvlx@hplabs.hp.com