[comp.windows.x] GKS on X11

aat@masscomp.UUCP (Andy Takats) (10/21/88)

In article <26900050@m.cs.uiuc.edu> grogers@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>This was originally posted in August ...
>
>=============== Software Availability Announcement ===============
>
>The department of Computer Science and the Graphics Workstation
>Research Group would like to announce the availability of the XGKS
>graphics library. At this time it is available only to educational
>institutions and only for use for internal research and instructional
>purposes.

I tried to post a similar product anouncement too, but it never made
it out of MASSCOMP.

MASSCOMP (Now CONCURRENT) released a full level 2C GKS package in
June, which runs on our X11 product (we are now shipping an R2 product).
It is coincidently named SP-XGKS.  It is based on the Advanced Technology
Center GKS product, a known quality implementation of GKS.  It was demon-
strated at Xhibition '88 and was very well-received.

Both Fortran and the latest C bindings are supported.

MASSCOMP has developed escape routines to optimally integrate
windowing capabilities into GKS, maintaining the standard's (GKS) integrity
while allowing great flexibility and access to X11's features.

Of course, multiple windows, and multiple displays (color and monochrome)
are supported.

I will be happy to provide more information, or feel free to contact
your local MASSCOMP (or maybe they're already CONCURRENT) sales office.

Ciao,
Andy Takats
uucp: ..!{uunet,decvax}!masscomp!aat