[net.news] Damn Sites the Don't Forward Mail

rjk (05/12/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 21:41:16 EDT

Boy am I pissed.  I just spent half an hour answering a problem about
212 modems using the `r' command of netnews only to get the damn mail
sent back to me from some shit machine that doesn't forward mail.  I
vote to cut off all sites that don't forward mail.  Either that or I
may just write a daemon that looks for mail sent through my machine
from that machine and just trash it with no warning.  What a damn
crock.  And to top it off, it's *not* a poor just-starting-out
company with little money.  It's the research arm of one of the largest
corporations in the world.  If you argue that it requires too much
resources to forward mail, then get the hell off this net.

Randy Smith at MH - sorry, I can't get to you from here.  Please try
to mail me more directly & I'll get back to you.

						Randy King
						..we13!rjk

P.S. - it wasn't harpo.

mark@hp-kirk.UUCP (05/25/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site hp-pcd.UUCP
Date:Wed, 25-May-83 01:25:01 EDT
Sender:netnews@hp-pcd.UUCP
Organization:Hewlett-Packard, Corvallis OR

#R:we13:-48600:hp-kirk:11600002:000:433
hp-kirk!mark    May 23 19:19:00 1983

Is there a maintained list of sites that are known not to forward mail (or
that are suspected of not forwarding mail)?  Being able to refer to such a
list would save me burdening sites with mail that won't make it through, allow
me to pick a path that will succeed, and relieve me from having my mail
returned undelivered.
                                        Death Rowe
                                        hp-pcd!hp-cvd!mark