[comp.windows.x] xterm manual

mongo@helios (Mongo Package) (10/22/88)

The documentation accompanying X11R2 seems to imply that there is a
manual for xterm which documents what escape sequences it responds to.
I don't see this in the man page for xterm.  Could someone tell me
where to look?  Thanks.

Steve Allen

jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) (10/22/88)

Unfortunately, it still needs to be written.  One way might be to take the
one from the X10 releases and fix it.  A better way might be to just start
from scratch.

tim@ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) (10/25/88)

In article <5208@saturn.ucsc.edu>, mongo@helios (Mongo Package) writes:
> The documentation accompanying X11R2 seems to imply that there is a
> manual for xterm which documents what escape sequences it responds to.
> I don't see this in the man page for xterm.  Could someone tell me
> where to look?  Thanks.

The xterm escape sequences are documented in an appendix to
our X Window System User's Guide, available in good
technical bookstores, or by mail order from the address/number
given in the signature below, for $24.95 plus shipping.

--
Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210 or (800) 338-NUTS
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks