[net.news] Apologies and more reasonable request for features

govern@houxf.UUCP (05/28/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 19:31:08 EDT

(I had suggested a wrap-output-at-80-columns option for news,
especially for the -p paper output.  Several people have pointed out
the obvious solution of writing a trivial filter.)

One feature that is noticeably lacking, both for the
-p (paper-output) and -l (titles-only) options of readnews, is the
printing of article numbers.  The CRT-output options print both an
Article-ID and a number identifying the article number on the local
machine; -p and -l print neither.  This makes it difficult to find
articles in the spool files if I want to refer to them later.

Another gripe: the -l option prints out titles, but does not update
the .newsrc file.  It would be nice if I could print the titles of
groups such as net.sources and still have .newsrc updated.

			Thanks;
				Bill Stewart houxf!govern