[comp.windows.x] Did my postings get through?

steve@acorn.co.UK (11/02/88)

I recently posted changes to the X11 cfb code to make
tiling odd pixmaps work.  I sent them to comp.windows.x,
and ever since I have received strange messages of the form

> Errors were detected when processing your mail message
> To:   xpert@athena.mit.edu
> Subj: FIXES TO CFB TILING (1 of 2 -- cfbgc.c)
> The following error message was returned whilst sending to
> CHAS::GIORGETTI
>   %NMAIL-E-LOGLINK, error creating network link to node CHAS
>   -SYSTEM-F-UNREACHABLE, remote node is not currently reachable
> This is a soft error, but the retry period has expired.

I suppose that someone somewhere handles the crossover between
comp.windows.x and xpert, and that some stroppy VMS system is just
doing what VMS does best, failing (-:  anyway, if you asked me for
this fix, and it has not reached you, please mail me again.

				Steve Hunt.