[net.news] Feature suggestion

furuta@uw-beaver.UUCP (05/26/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site uw-beaver
Date:Thu, 26-May-83 05:06:31 EDT
Organization:U of Washington Computer Science

I would suggest that instead of single article newsgroups, the more
general thing to implement would be <n> article newsgroups where the
<n> was a limit on the number of articles (with older articles getting
expired).  I can think of reasons (flakey feed, etc.) to retain two ap
news digests, for example.  I think that either proposal (1 article
newsgroups or <n> article newsgrousp) is a great idea.

lepreau@utah-cs.UUCP (06/02/83)

Just use the -r option to readnews to read the articles in reverse
order, and quit after one!   (Although the feature might be nice, agreed.)

-Jay Lepreau