[comp.windows.x] R3, vi and xterm

yba@arrow.bellcore.com (Mark Levine) (11/10/88)

In article <10530@haddock.ima.isc.com> eli@haddock.ima.isc.com (Elias Israel) writes:
>If this is the bug that I am thinking of, the source of the problem is
>actually a shortcoming in the termcap entry for xterm. I have added the
>auto-margin ('am') attribute to all of my termcaps and now vi and xterm
>seem to get along just fine....

This is insufficient.  We have "am" in ours, and on long lines, although
wrap occurs and displays properly, the cursor position is incorrect.  I think
we all hope someone else looks into it first....  I even promised Ron Newman
once.  Not sure it isn't a problem with vi.

Eleazor bar Shimon, once and future Carolingian
yba@sabre.bellcore.com