[comp.windows.x] Information request

george@mnetor.UUCP (George Hart) (02/02/87)

Having followed the X windows discussions for my own information, I now
find myself in need of much more detailed information.

Would someone be kind enough to provide me with a source for
licencing, distribution, and other types of information?
--

Regards,

George Hart, Computer X Canada Ltd.
UUCP: utzoo
	    >!mnetor!george
      seismo
BELL: (416)475-8980

mikepz@gouldsd.UUCP (Michael P Zanchelli) (02/04/87)

In article <3976@mnetor.UUCP>, george@mnetor.UUCP (George Hart) writes:
> Having followed the X windows discussions for my own information, I now
> find myself in need of much more detailed information.
>
> Would someone be kind enough to provide me with a source for
> licencing, distribution, and other types of information?
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> George Hart, Computer X Canada Ltd.
> UUCP: utzoo
> 	    >!mnetor!george
>       seismo
> BELL: (416)475-8980

This is my first posting to the net so please disregard errors in protocol.

I recently called around MIT for information about obtaining X-Windows
sources & documentation:
	617-253-1000	MIT
		1300	Project Athena
		6325	To "order" X-Windows
They will send an order form and other info.  I haven't received
the order form yet but am told its just a matter of making out a
check for $100 and mailing it in.  Distribution is on 9 track tape
and 2 "manuals" are provided.  I have not familiar with any licensing.
Hope this helps.

Michael Zanchelli; Gould, Systems Development Group

ccemao@rivm.UUCP (Marian v Overveld) (11/24/88)

I have read this newsgroup for quite a long time now. Most of the news
originates from American users. I, being a dutch girl, am especially
interested in the European users of X-windows.
I have the following questions:
. Who is using X-windows in the The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg
  and West-Germany;
. What kind of applications did you develope using X-windows;

At this moment our institute doesn't use X-windows, but in the near
future we probably will use X-windows or another competitive product.

Marian van Overveld

UUCP: mcvax!rivm!ccemao
Company: RIVM
         Postbus 1