[comp.windows.x] Pictures for Xsetroot

adent@uhura.cs.wisc.edu (Davin Bentti) (11/23/88)

 	This may seem childish, but I am interested in getting bit map files
for the xsetroot prog.  If you have any please inform me on how to get them.

			adent@uhura

janssen@titan.sw.mcc.com (Bill Janssen) (11/30/88)

There's a selection of bitmaps in the distribution,
under contrib/windowmgrs/rtl/custom/bitmaps/.

Bill

bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (11/30/88)

In article <1644@titan.sw.mcc.com> janssen@titan.sw.mcc.com (Bill Janssen) writes:
>There's a selection of bitmaps in the distribution,
>under contrib/windowmgrs/rtl/custom/bitmaps/.

Hmm, a lot of those look pretty familiar, e.g. iconedit and traffic.
Is it OK to be distributing those that look like translated SunView
standard icons?

turner@daisy.UUCP (Jim Turner) (11/30/88)

There is a large set of bitmaps available collected into a single
group called the poskbitmaps. They are available from uunet or from
your nearest friendly X archive site. If you need info on how to retrieve
them from the West Coast X Archives, send me email.

--
Can this wait until after I've had my coffee ???
...{decwrl|ucbvax}!imagen!atari!daisy!turner (James M. Turner)

jonnyg@umd5.umd.edu (Jon Greenblatt) (12/01/88)

In article <1644@titan.sw.mcc.com> janssen@titan.sw.mcc.com (Bill Janssen) writes:
>There's a selection of bitmaps in the distribution,
>under contrib/windowmgrs/rtl/custom/bitmaps/.

	I almost complained to xpert about how the server was constantly
being swapped out and took a painfuly long time to swap in. I was ready
to work up a suggestion list to order code in such a way that the more
recently used stuff be sectioned together in memory. Then I looked at my
background, a moon, and something clicked. I looked at the size of the
moon bitmap and noticed it was half as big as the entire X server on my
RT. I now use "xsetroot -mod 2 2" for my background and the swapping
problem went away. Pictures are nice but there not worth the wait.

						JonnyG.