[comp.windows.x] awm problems

jkh@pcsbst.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (12/07/88)

jdi@sparky.UUCP (John Irwin) writes:

>Your message:

>There is a bug in awm that prevents the "reverse" option from working.  (It's
>used before it's set)  Reverse is what you want.  Here's the fix:

Oh puke. That was certainly a stupid mistake on my part.

This will be part of patch #9.

As far as making Iconify() "Leave" with TRUE, this is wrong.
If awm is looping waiting for an UP, then I have a problem somewhere
else (and am looking into this). Only functions which eat up events
(I.E. mouse tracking ones like "move" or "resize") should return
TRUE. Iconify() does not do this.

Perhaps this is related to a server bug. Hmmm. As I said, I'm looking
into it.

In the mean time, I have been getting a lot of valuable enhancements/fixes
and flames about awm which I am incorporating as fast as my somewhat
unusual situation allows (moving to foreign countries tends to take
up a lot of energy and time). Any and all comments are greately
appreciated and should be sent to:

				Jordan Hubbard
				PCS Computer Systems
				pyramid!pcsbst!jkh